Furnace Repair & Installation in Fremont
Newark & San Ramon Furnace Specialists
Glover & Son Heating & Air Conditioning INC. is a local, family-owned company offering top-quality products and furnace repair and installation in Fremont, Newark, San Ramon, and surrounding communities.
For more than 24 years, we have remained committed to excellence in all aspects of heating services. We offer authorized sales and service for several best-in-class furnace makes and models. Take a look at our raving reviews to see why we are the best furnace repair and installation providers throughout all of Fremont!
Contact the HVAC pros at Glover & Son Heating & Air Conditioning INC. at (510) 319-0754 or online for quality furnaces, precision installations, and prompt repairs.
What are Common Signs That Your Furnace Needs Repair?
Furnaces are among the most popular heating systems for a number of reasons. A furnace is often more affordable to purchase, has a faster start time, provides fast and even heating, and uses the same ductwork as your air conditioning system.
Call for furnace repair when you notice issues such as:
- Frequently cycling on and off
- No heat coming from the vents
- Blowing cold air
- The furnace won’t turn on
- Loud noises
- Sudden increase in heating costs
Repair can solve many common issues with furnaces. However, repair is not always possible in every situation. If your furnace is more than 20 years old, keeps breaking down, causes poor indoor air quality, releases excessive soot, or doesn’t keep the house evenly warm, it may be time for replacement. When you are ready for replacement, choosing the right furnace is essential for years of reliable heat.
How Long Does a Furnace Last?
On average, a gas furnace lasts between 15 and 20 years. An electric furnace typically lasts a little bit longer, at least 20 years.
You may have heard of furnaces working for longer than that, and indeed even yours might run for 40 years and beyond, but there are a few reasons you will want to avoid that. The first is that it can be unsafe to have a gas furnace past its useful life. They are prone to malfunctions that in extreme circumstances can even lead to explosions. The second is that you might start paying for expensive repairs which wouldn’t be necessary after a replacement. And finally, modern units are so much more efficient than older ones. This is both because there is more advanced technology and because your unit runs less efficiently over time.
Buying a New Furnace?
When buying a new furnace, be sure to consider:
- Energy efficiency ratings: Your furnace will supply heat to your home for at least 20 years with proper care and maintenance. Better energy efficiency will save you money on your home heating costs, year after year. The Annual Fuel Utilization Rating (AFUE) provides valuable information about the energy efficiency of various furnaces.
- Furnace size: If your furnace is going to provide a reliable and efficient source of heat, it must be the right size for your home. Your HVAC technician can evaluate your situation and perform the necessary calculations to determine the furnace size that is needed.
- Thermostat: When replacing the furnace, you may want to consider upgrading the thermostat. Newer programmable thermostats and smart thermostats can provide better control over your indoor environment and help reduce your heating costs.
- Cost: Price is often top of mind when buying a new furnace. When considering the cost, be sure to calculate both the installation and operating costs for optimal money savings over time.
The reliability and energy efficiency of furnaces depends on both the rating of the furnace and the quality of the installation. Proper installation is absolutely crucial for reliable performance, even heating, and good indoor air quality. Let trained and experienced HVAC technicians handle your furnace installation for years of reliable performance. After the installation is complete, you can keep the system running well every year with regular maintenance.
Call to Schedule Furnace Installation or Repair
Glover & Son Heating & Air Conditioning INC. is your source for quality furnaces in Fremont, expert repairs, and precision installation. If you have an urgent furnace problem, we are available 24/7 for furnace repair. Our home heating specialists can guide you through the process of selecting a new furnace and provide a free estimate on your furnace installation or replacement.
If you need furnace repair or new furnace installation, call (510) 319-0754 or contact us online to request a service.
Hear From Our Happy Customers
“A good company to do business with. Honest and dependable. Clean and efficient work team. Highly recommend.”- Donald A.
“Whenever we need to have our furnace or air conditioner serviced we always call Glover & Son. They are reliable, professional, and on time. They seem to be honest, straight shooters and tell it like it is. They always give us options. We would definite”- John B.
“These guys, this company, is on point! Fast service from the time I called to the time Luke came out. Straight forward and trustworthy. Thank you Glover & Son! My family loves this family business.”- Valerie P.
- we’re ready to help you now!