Since 1998, Glover & Son Heating & Air Conditioning INC. has provided AC installation and replacement in Fremont, Newark, San Ramon, and surrounding areas. If you want to install air conditioning for the first time or replace your existing unit, we offer quality systems from the best brands and precision installation. Check out our reviews page to learn more about our top-notch AC installation and replacement services!
Top-Rated Equipment for AC Installation & Replacement
Buying an air conditioning system is a big investment, and most people want to hold off on purchasing a new unit as long as possible. An air conditioning system will usually show signs of trouble before it fails, so you can watch for these signs when deciding if you should replace your equipment.
When deciding whether to replace your AC system, consider if your unit is:
- More than 15 years old
- Breaking down often
- Cooling the house unevenly
- Costing more to run
- No longer keeping the house comfortable
Many homeowners choose not to wait until the old system has completely died to schedule AC replacement. Some people decide to replace an older system to avoid dealing with sudden equipment failure or because they want improved comfort and energy efficiency. Others are interested in making their homes more energy efficient and upgrade to a higher SEER rating for environmental reasons. When you are ready for a new system, the first decision is to choose the best type of AC unit for your home.
The options for air conditioning systems include:
- Packaged systems: A packaged AC unit is an all-in-one system that has all parts of the system in one cabinet. This type of system is often a good choice for homes without a basement or crawlspace and limited room for an indoor unit.
- Split AC systems: A split system has two components. The outdoor unit contains the compressor and condenser. The indoor unit houses the evaporator coil and air handler. Generally, split systems are more energy efficient and customizable than a packaged unit.
- Heat pumps: A heat pump has two components, like a split central AC system. The difference is a heat pump can cool the house in the summer and warm it in the winter, so you don’t need two different systems for heating and air conditioning.
- Ductless mini-splits: Packaged systems, split AC systems, and heat pumps all require a duct system to distribute cooled air throughout the house. If you don’t have a duct system or need to add air conditioning to a new addition or outbuilding, a ductless mini-split may be a better option.
The cost of AC installation and replacement varies, depending on several factors. The type of system, size of the air conditioning system, energy efficiency rating, and difficulty of the installation all influence the cost. There are many options to accommodate any need and budget. If you are interested in the best high-efficiency equipment, you can compare SEER ratings to find the right system for your home.
Get Started with a Free Estimate
At Glover & Son Heating & Air Conditioning INC., we offer a large selection of quality equipment from a variety of best-in-class makes and models. We can assess your cooling needs, listen to your concerns and preferences, and help you find the best systems for AC installation and replacement in Fremont. Free estimates are available for new equipment installation and AC replacement.
“A good company to do business with. Honest and dependable. Clean and efficient work team. Highly recommend.”- Donald A.
“Whenever we need to have our furnace or air conditioner serviced we always call Glover & Son. They are reliable, professional, and on time. They seem to be honest, straight shooters and tell it like it is. They always give us options. We would definite”- John B.
“These guys, this company, is on point! Fast service from the time I called to the time Luke came out. Straight forward and trustworthy. Thank you Glover & Son! My family loves this family business.”- Valerie P.
- we’re ready to help you now!